Tomorrow depends on today and on the ripples from the past that we allow to affect us in this present Moment, which many spiritual approaches would say is all there IS: Now-Be-Here. John Thomas Dodds expressed a satisfaction with the Present that illuminates the Allness of this awareness quite nicely when he replied to yesterday’s query about What is Your Bliss? finding that his Bliss is exactly what he is already experiencing, Here-Now:
It’s simple: being exactly where I am right at this very moment, typing these words with love and beauty surrounding me in joy.
Being where I’ve always wanted to be, with who I always wanted to be with, oh yes, of course, four cats playing in the garden.
That all that IS is complete in the Now can also be seen as a Paradox. Everything exists Now, yet through our memories and our future projection faculties, yesterday is Here and Now when we focus our spotlight of attention upon an elapsed moment, as is a Future potential Here and Now when we view it from the viewpoint of this eternal Present. This means simply that past-present-future is a seamless Whole and all three are inseparably interconnected. The more aware we are of conditions and influences from the Past and in the Present, the better able we are to manifest a future reality state, as it were, based on consciously chosen values and experiences. You need not simply roll along on the waves to accept “whatever comes”. You have the capacity to choose and to plan as needed to create the life conditions you desire to express. That is why the motto or ‘tagline’ for the approach to Life Mapping I’ve been developing and sharing with life coaching is: “Live Your Dream, Now!”
For Tuesday’s Better Endings prompts list this week, then, around the topic of manifesting Your Life Dream, I offer the following topics:
- Where I am headed as things stand today?
- What do I want in my future that is not present in my life today?
- What shall I carry forward?
- Where to from Here?
- My Life Dream is:
- A Sea Change (then, now or future)
- Stuck patterns; what can I do?
- How might I integrate my future values here and now?
- Inner conflicts about my future prospects (This can be in the form of an Archetypal Dialogue.)
- The plus factor; what I would add/change/modify if I could (and, how)
- At a crossroads/ Multiple paths forward (reflect)
- At the Threshold (What do I see from Here-Now as I look ahead?); what is around the bend?)
- Threshold Guardians (What factors or self-limiting thoughts appear to block my going forward?)
- Crossing the Threshold
- “Going Home”
I invite you to choose one or more of the above prompts (or use your own) to write about, contemplate/meditate upon, talk about, and or to share about with us here, expressing your insights or stories.